Centre Manager – Stage 4 restrictions update
5 August 2020
To our loyal community,
As Victoria faces what will no doubt be an exceptionally challenging six weeks, I wanted to personally reach out once again to assure you of our continued commitment to helping keep you and your loved ones safe, as well as providing access to the essential goods and services you need.
While Hoppers Crossing Shopping Centre will be operating at significantly reduced levels, the Victorian Government has stated that shopping centres will remain open to provide access to permitted retail, serving the essential needs of our local community. Please refer to our website for a list of retailers that will remain open during this lockdown period, and for live updates on individual store trading hours.
As we have said before, the health and wellbeing of our community is our top priority – a focus that has never been more important than it is right now.
We will continue to maintain our rigorous approach to cleaning and security of the Centre throughout this period and will uphold measures designed to help stop the spread of the virus within the Centre. You can visit our website for a full list of these measures.
With the health of our community top of mind, we have made the decision to close some amenities in order to strengthen our focus on cleaning the amenities close to permitted retail that are more likely to be frequented by our customers during this period.
While you can count on us to do everything we can to help keep you safe, our community must also play their part. When needing to visit us, please adhere to the following:
- Uphold exemplary hygiene standards, regularly disinfecting or washing your hands.
- Practise social distancing by keeping at least 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
- Always adhere to the government mandate and wear a face covering whilst in the centre.
- Remember to be patient and understanding. It’s a challenging time for all and we need to be compassionate and kind to get through this together.
Please also note the following important information:
- Our supermarkets have reduced their previously extended trading hours to abide by curfew requirements. Coles will close at 7:30pm daily.
- Our restaurant and café retailers are permitted to remain open for delivery or takeaway only.
Now more than ever, it’s critical that we all take these necessary measures seriously, to protect ourselves, those we love and our community. We are in this together and we will continue to keep you abreast of any changing conditions as we move through what will no doubt be a challenging six weeks.
As ever, our thoughts go out to those most affected and we sincerely thank you for your patience and cooperation while we navigate these never-imagined circumstances together.
We’re right here with you.